Mirrors is a fun little puzzler that progressively increases in difficulty as you advance through multiple levels of a tomb. The game does a great job of slowly introducing you to new mechanics such as pillars, freezing traps, and even mummies.
Your goal is simple: advance through the tomb by unlocking the door with a laser by utilizing mirrors.
While the concept of the game is simple, the task at hand becomes increasingly difficult as you advance and clear each tomb. Your score improves based on the number of mirrors you are able to incorporate in solving the puzzle.
There are a few different ways to play Mirrors:
- Time Attack
- Level Creator
Adventure: In this mode, your journey begins in a straight forward tomb with very few mirrors and no obstacles to overcome. Take advantage of getting used to the point and click mechanism in this tomb so you get a feel for which way the left and right click buttons turn the mirrors. This is important because as you advance throughout adventure mode, the tombs become increasingly difficult and new mechanics are introduced.
- Anubis Mirrors: These come in two versions – blue and green. Both have a limited range to reflect the laser and the green cause other Anubis mirrors to rotate in conjunction with them.
- Pillars: block the laser causing you to work around them to complete the puzzle.
- Freezing Trap: If you hit one of these, the trap will deploy freezing the last mirror used.
- Mummies: If you hit a mummies or a sarcophagus a mummy will be released and it will disable a mirror.
Time Attack: This mode is great if you are short on time or you want to challenge yourself. You are given a set amount of time to solve a tomb. Once a tomb is solved you go straight into the next tomb and a new timer starts. This is a fun way to unlock achievements and put your brain to work.
Level Creator: One of the most appealing parts of this game is the ability to create your own challenges and levels. You are able to edit and revisit the levels you create by clicking on adventure and visiting the “Curator’s Well.” This is the part of the game that let’s you customize your experience without being confined to the pre-built levels within each tomb.
Synopsis: Mirrors is a fun little puzzler that you can easily pick up and chip away at. The adventure mode is challenging as long as your goal is to utilize all the mirrors and not just gain access to the next tomb. Time Attack presents a unique challenge and forces your mind to move quickly which enhances the overall enjoyment of the game. The Level Creator is a nice feature and really gives the gamer the ability to create their own experience.
Redonkulous Review: We based our review on the following criteria:
- Cost: $3.99
- Platform: Windows PC
- Accessibility: Limited from the scope of PC users, but very affordable
- Entertainment Value: Very good especially given low cost – Mirrors had us busy for hours
Redonkulous Gaming gives Mirrors a 7/10. The cost is perfect for the entertainment value of the game. Mirrors has the potential to be an awesome mobile app should Monocool Interactive ever opt to go that route. Redonkulous Gaming recommends Mirrors to puzzle strategists everywhere!
Developer: Monocool Interactive
- Website: https://monocool-interactive.com/
- Twitter: @Monocoolint
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/monocoolinteractive/
- Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/709470/Mirrors/
Avid gamer across PC, Xbox, and Switch platforms. Check me out on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube.